Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Middle Aged?



While in New York on Monday I made some time for a little shopping. (BIG SURPRISE) I had a Saks Fifth Avenue gift certificate from my boss that I decided I would use to replenish my cosmetics that had run out. My first stop was at the Laura Mercier counter to purchase my eye cream that I had been out of for about 6 months. I figured it was something to help combat the dry climate that I live in. When I asked for the eye cream I have been using for the past 3 years, the gentleman behind the counter looked me and said, "Well I think that you should really be using our anti-aging formula that helps with lines, wrinkles and dark circles." My first thought was, "Are you kidding do I really look like I need a cream that does all that?" When I hesitated he then said, "All women in their mid 30's need a cream like this." Wow, he thinks I am already in my mid 30's, I didn't have the guts to tell him that I am only 33! So here is what I walked away with! I am sure that within weeks you will all notice how quickly my wrinkles and dark circles have disappeared!

11 comments:

laurel said...

He's crazy :)

Lisa said...

Christa - you don't look a day older than when I first met you 8 years ago!

Jamie said...

That is hillarious. I need the same cream, to ward off the botox and restalin as long as possible.

Lindsey said...

Ummm, I don't want to devistate you, but 33 is pretty much mid thirties sweety.... :) I can only tell you that because I am going to be 35 in april.. ewwwhhhh..

Katie said...

Oh No! I'm middle aged? I turn 36in a few weeks!!! Once when I was in NYC, I succombed to an eye make-up make-over in Saks--leaving there looking "fabulous". I went and looked at the make-up counter in Henri Bendel not even 30 minutes later, to be told by the salesperson she could really do "something nice" for my eyes. My bubble was burst.
Apparently 6 weeks was far too long to go without the original cream;)

Katie said...

By the way, your new background is AWESOME! Far more fitting for you.

Kyndra said...

You don't look mid 30s, the guy just said to get scare you into buying it.

But speaking of anti-agin, last night my friend invited me over to her house for a skin care night, but when I showed up, turns out it was a BOTOX party! We all sat around and people would go up and have a DR inject the botox! Crazy, right? I didn't do it by the way!

angie said...

you are as young as can be!

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

I wish I could have been with you. I had a lot of fun Cruising (rather quickly) through Macey's with you last year!

The Stokes said...

Sorry, but I had to laugh. If it makes you feel any better I, your younger 28 year old sister, was called an older woman last week. By looking at your blog I realized I was a little behind. Made up for lost time uh? Love ya.

Tiffany said...

Too funny. I noticed the wrinkles encroaching around my eyes with my last pregnancy. It was the first time I looked at myself and noticed that I had aged. It was depressing. Perhaps I should order some of your cream!